This page is entirely related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here we explain to our guests what our situation is, what measures and precautions we take to minimize the risk of infection for our guests and for ourselves. With this information we try to give you a sense of safety and security, so you can come to our lovely Bed & Breakfast with confidence.
We also explain about the general situation in Belgium, the specific situation in Bruges and the terms and conditions issued by the Belgian Government and the
Please read this information carefully and contact us when you have questions or doubts!
Last updated: September 16th 2020
B&B De Corenbloem, why it is safe to stay with us:
- small scale accommodation, 5 rentable units with max. 10 persons allowed.
- no other employees, other then Corrina and Gerrit.
- large and spacious rooms and suites, easy to maintain social distance (1,5 metres).
- large and spacious halls, staircase and salons, easy to maintain social distance.
- large and spacious garden. Lots of fresh air and easy to maintain social distance.
- large and spacious breakfast salon, own table, easy to maintain social distance.
- safe and clean kitchen, food preparations with gloves and masks, extra cleaning.
- daily cleaning on rooms, daily towelchange, extra disinfection on critical surfaces and objects.
- daily ventilation of rooms and suites by opening windows.
- extra cleaning with disinfectant gel on critical objects (doorknobs, light switch, etc.)
- you have your own disinfected keys.
- payment with creditcard, with disinfected machine.
- disinfection gel available.
- plates and cutlery available to bring in take-away meals.
B&B De Corenbloem, what has changed:
- please inform us (by mail) about your name(s) and address. This is an obligation!! This information can be used for infection track down in case somebody gets infected.
- no breakfast buffet style, sorry! We bring items and food to your table.
- no use of public toilet on ground floor. Guests must use the toilet on their own rooms only.
- allowed to bring take-away meals and own drinks. Plates and cutlery available. Please ask for a table in the dining room or use your own room. No food and drinks on the bed ... please!!
B&B De Corenbloem, what we ask from you:
- send us your name and address before arrival. This is obligation! You can be refused if not supplied.
- respect social distance (1,5 metres). Not only in our house, but also in shops, bars and restaurants!
- sorry, no handshaking.
- please bring your own face mask and gloves. We supply disinfecting liquid.
- please inform yourselfs about the situation, also in your own country and on traveling.
- consider adequate (travel) insurance.
- symptoms of fever, cough, sneezing? Consider not to come.
- please, no food and drinks on the bed!
Belgium, general situation:
- always keep safe social distance (1,5 metres). If this can not be maintained use masks.
- IN GENERAL borders open for tourism 15-6-2020. EU-countries, Schengen countries and Switzerland, United Kingdom, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein can travel without (Belgium) limitations. Some exceptions are in force for whatever regions in whatever European countries. PLEASE CHECK THE ACTUAL LIMITATIONS in travelling to Belgium FROM YOUR OWN REGION!!!
Update 6-7-2020: despite the EU re-opened borders for some non EU visitors, the Belgian government DOES NOT ALLOW NON-EU to travel into Belgium. Canada, USA, China, Russia, Australia and many more countries are not allowed to enter the country for non essential purposes (that is: NO TOURISM). CHECK THE ACTUAL SITUATION PLEASE!!!
Bruges, general situation:
- hotels, B&B re-opened from 8th June, borders re-opened from 15th June. EU countries only!
- most of the museums already open, only with reservations. Click HERE for reservations.
- tourist information open.
- bars, cafe's open. Extended terraces for social distance and capacity, closing time 01.00 hours.
- restaurants open. Most of them supply take away meals. Reservation often obliged. Please contact the restaurant of your choice direct or use The Fork. Click HERE for reservations.
- public transport and taxi open, face masks required.
- canal boat tours open (mask obliged), boat trip to Damme ("Lamme Goedzak") possible.
- bike rentals open, horsetrips / carriages open, guided tours open, shops open.
- hand disinfection cabins placed on strategic places, also with face mask selling machines.
Latest update, 24th July 2020.
The indicated yellow parts of Bruges centre are stated as "high density area" by the Mayor.
Therefore face masks are required in the entire area.
B&B De Corenbloem (red dot) is outside this area.